Welcome to Wantage and Lambourn Catholic Parish
Sacred Heart Church
Baydon Rd, Lambourn, Hungerford RG17 8NU
The Priests and parishioners of Lambourn worked hard for many years to establish and build up the parish of Sacred Heart Lambourn.
In 1914 Fr. Green came out from Newbury to celebrate Mass in the home of the Westlake family and in subsequent years Mass was celebrated at Sir William Nelson's library, a disused Wesleyan Chapel in Upper Lambourn, Sir Hugh Nugent's home and the Old Memorial Hall, before the present site was donated through the kindness of Mr and Mrs Walwyn in 1952. That Church stood until 1974 when Fr. Taylor was Parish Priest.
The present Church building was built under the guidance of Fr. Bonano and Fr. Guest C.M.F and was opened and blessed on 30th March 1977.
Sacred Heart Lambourn was consecrated by Bishop Anthony Emery on Sunday 15th June 1980.